- Company Name
- Wajimaya Zenni Inc.
- 1813 (1972 Incorporated)
- Nakamuro Kojiro
- Design, Production, and Sale of Urushi(Japanese Lacquerware) tableware, interior, furniture, etc
- The “nushi” (Japanese lacquerer) “Zenni” set out to sell his products all over Japan.
- “Wajimaya Honten” was incorporated with capital of 26 million yen.
- We started to promote the restoration of urushi (Japanese lacquer) culture, based on the theme of “Creating the finest products in the lacquerware history of Wajima”
- We opened 2 tea rooms that were coated entirely with urushi, the first in this industry.
- We established a design studio that specializes in lacquerware design, the only one in Japan.
- We restored “Nushi-no-ie (Lacquerer’s House)” in Wajima and it was praised as the most beautiful machiya, traditional merchant’s house in Japan by experts.
- We initiated the reforestation effort in Joboji, Iwate prefecture by planting urushi trees, the first as a lacquer manufacturer.
- We set our goal higher, “Creating the finest products in the lacquerware history of Japan”
- We held a exhibition “Urushi – The Design of Soul” at Daimaru Museum, Tokyo.
- In March, the building of workshop was seriously damaged because of the big earthquake.
- We rebuilded the new workshop.
- Three companies merged and it became the new company name “Wajimaya Zenni Inc.”.
- We opened a showroom in the workshop.
- From our lacquer trees planted in 1997, the first lacquer sap was collected.
Main Office, Shop, Workshop
63 Heisei-machi, Wajima, Ishikawa 928-0068 Japan
TEL : 0768-22-0521
FAX : 0768-22-8808
Closed on Saturdays, Sundays, New Year Holidays
Nushi-no-ie (The Lacquerer’s House) + shop
1-82-3 Kawai-machi, Wajima, Ishikawa 928-0001 Japan
TEL : 0768-22-5811
Shop Open 9:00～12:00
Closed on Wednesdays, Sundays, New Year Holidays